U10 camogie is for girls born in 2008 or 2009. The coaches for the year are Suzanne, Sandra and Roger.
Training is currently held on Wednesday nights from 7-8pm and Sundays 10.30-11.30. Training times differ in the winter months.
- The season for U10s runs from January – August then we move to U9 or U11 from September – December. We currently have 25+ girls registered with the U10 camogie section. We have a great mix of girls with all skill levels and from all 3 of the Ratoath National Schools. Some have been playing for a few years and some girls have joined mid-year.
- We always welcome down new girls to come along and give camogie a try. You don’t need any equipment to come and try it, just an eagerness to learn and a smile on your face and if you enjoy it and come back week after week we can sort you out with a helmet and a hurl.
- Matches as much as possible will be played on Sunday mornings, however in summer we may play some evening matches.
- All team communication is via What’s App – if you’re not on What’s App yet, please join and I will add you to the group
- Hurls and helmets are available to buy throughout the year – €45 for helmets and €25 for hurls.
So what happens in U10s?
- We start the year in January with Gormanston
- A spring/summer league will take play most likely from April this will include matches and blitzes
- Scores are not kept at U10 level
- Additional matches will be set up by the coaches throughout the year, some will be in a blitz format where we play multiple teams on the one day
- To provide a safe, fun and inclusive environment for girls to play camogie in
- To encourage and develop girls of all ages and skill levels and give them the confidence to try new skills
- Encourage open communication between team players and parents
- To operate within the Club Child Protection Policy (this may require additional support from Mums if one of the female coaches is unable to attend training). We will work on a ratio of 1 coach/parent to 8 children.
- Girls who turn up to training on a regular basis will be first to be named on team sheets
- We will give as much notice as possible regarding matches, training etc
Ask From Players
- Girls have the appropriate equipment to play (not needed if only starting out)
- A helmet, a hurl, shinguards, club shorts, club socks and football boots (needed March-October)
- Girls play in both home and away games when available
- Girls show up to training on time, actively participate and listen to coaches
- Come to training with water, appropriate footwear, clothing and €2 subs
- When training or playing matches we ask girls to be respectful to those around them including coaches, other players and referees
- Practice on days where we have no training – 10 minutes a day would be wonderful and you will see a big difference on match days
Ask From Parents
- Register your child with the club and ensure annual memberships are paid (January & February)
- Ensure that your child comes to training with water, appropriate footwear, attire and €2 subs
- Respond to call outs regarding training and match numbers as soon as possible (if we can’t field a team we need to let the opposition know). We will give as much notice as possible regarding matches, training etc
- Parents volunteer for at least one club activity throughout the year for example fundraising, lotto collection, training session help, match/blitz set up etc
- At training/matches we ask that parents are respectful to those around them including coaches, other players, referees and that they encourage the girls as much as possible
Most of all we want to have fun, we want the girls to feel proud to represent their club, to be happy with their achievements after each training session or match and most importantly that they will want to continue playing camogie for many more years.