Below are some details that might be of use to adults and players.
About the Tournament
The Gormanston indoor tournament will run from Sun Jan 22nd to Sun 26th Feb (6 Weeks) at Gormanston College. At U10 Age Group, there are no scores kept, or tournament winners. All players receive a participation medal and certificate after the tournament, which we give out at the next training session after the tournament.
It is an indoor ground camogie tournament. Players should wear club shorts, socks, shin guards, non-black soled runners, and bring their helmets and a drink. We provide team jerseys and indoor hurleys for the players to use. We will advise of the time to arrive at each week, as it can change from one week to the next.
Week one, players should arrive at 5:00PM, for a 5.30PM on-court time. The tournament runs strictly to time. Lifts to / from Gormanston can be organised for players each week. Please let us know in advanced if a lift is required. On the first week, cars will be leaving from inside the front gate of the club at 4:30PM if you need directions. It is also worth noting that the parking at Gormanston can be muddy, best to leave the Jimmy Choos at home.
Directions from Ratoath to Gormanston
- Head through Curragha to N2.
- Turn Left (Northbound) towards Slane
- Turn Right at Snailbox toward Duleek/Drogheda (R152).
- After about 6 or 7 KM turn right (signpost for Ard Cath / Bellewstown)
- Follow the road through Stamullen (about 10 to 12 KM)
- Cross over the M1 on the far side of Stamullen
- At the end of the road, at the T Junction turn right.
- Turn right again shortly afterwards in through the gates of Gormanston College.
Tournament Playing Rules
- No lifting of ball allowed
- No deliberate kicking or stopping of ball with foot allowed (free shot given)
- Nursery – No free if player kicks or stops ball with foot
- Goalies not allowed to score from puck out
- Goalies not allowed to ‘chip’ ball in air for puck out. Shot to be retaken.
- Goalies allowed to stop ball with foot.
- All players must be 7 metres back from free shots.
- If player puts out ball over his own end line, free shot from centre field given.
- If ball gets entangled in dividing nets, referee will throw in ball
- Nursery & U8 will use First Touch Balls
- Indoor Hurleys must be used.
- No rough play.
- No sliding.
- After score- restart from centre.
- Duration of game will be 25 minutes approx. No half time. Hooter will sound to mark
- the end of each game.
- Unlimited substitution from panel.
- Frees – Any number of players in goal.
- Referee’s decision will be final.
- Teams must be ready five minutes before the appointed time of game.
- Players and Mentors waiting to go on court to wait in reception.
- At the end of each game players and mentors must vacate court immediately.
- Only players & Team mentors allowed on court.
- Mentors to operate from either end of court, not down the side of court.
- Players and Mentors to wear runners (Complex rule).
- No spectators on court. Spectators to view from balcony.
- Mentors are responsible for their team members from the time they arrive until they leave the complex.
- All hurleys, helmets, sliotars, first aid etc., should be marked by each club.
- No drink or food in hall area of Complex.
- Have respect for college property.
- Car park and general college grounds are out of bounds for children
- Coffee shop and hot food available on balcony
- Nursery: It may be the first time that the children will be playing for their clubs and they might be nervous. Parents and mentors can be on the side lines and go onto court to help.