We would ask all players and members to make themselves aware of the coverage provided by GAA insurance.
Ratoath GAA Players Injury Scheme
Procedures for Claims – 2020
- The Player (fully paid member) must notify his Manager & Referee as soon as the Injury occurs. The player must abide by wearing all the relevant equipment when playing / training hurling / football (mountguards, helmut with faceguard, CE mark approved) Willis will decline claims where this is not adhered to.
- The Insurance Officer must be notified of the Injured player as soon as possible. In an official match the Referee must be notified of the injury.
- The Insurance Officer will send the Preliminary Notification Form or the Completed Injury Claim form (which the Player will need to get signed by a Doctor) to Meath County Board who in turn will sign and send this to Willis. This form must be submitted within 30 days (60 days if full claim form) from the injury date, any claims received after this date will not be accepted by Willis nor Ratoath GAA club and the player is responsible for any expenses incurred.
- The Maximum limit per claim 4,500 Euro and an excess of 100 Euro applies. Any expenses incurred above these figures will be the responsibility of the player as the club nor Willis will accept expenses above these figures. The player is responsible to make sure that his treatment / operation etc. does not exceed this. If a player has another insurance, Willis will only pay on the non recoverable expenses from that insurance company and relevant documentation must be produced. NO TREATMENT FOR PHYSIO, SPORTS INJURY THERAPY, OSTEOPATH, ETC. IS COVERED UNDER THE WILLIS SCHEME (IT MAY BE COVERED IN CERTAIN CASES AFTER AN OPERATION) A doctors letter will be required referring the claimant for physiotherapy – they are then limited to € 320.00 in total maxed at € 40.00 for any one treatment.
- All Doctors, Consultants and other Medical RECEIPTS (not Invoices) relating to the injury must be provided and passed to the Insurance Officer ASAP who in turn will forward them to Willis for payment. When payment is received it will be forwarded to the appropriate player as soon as it is received from Meath County Board .
- A copy of the detailed benefits and the Claim Form can be received via the gaa.ie website under Player Injury Scheme or via the Club Insurance Officer.
Ann Donnelly, Insurance Officer, January 2020